Wednesday 7 January 2015

6k r19 pre work - 4by750 lunchtime

shit - crap - useless was what I thought after my pre work row - set 16k on the clock aimed at 1:47 ish splits r18 - couldn't settle at 18 kept pushing 19 and 20 and after 6k gave it up as a bad job



so need a rallying call as the Euros are looming - 4by750 seemed to fit the bill - ye I don't really know why - well I do - I did three lots of them in three days on the lead up to Bristol - will let me know where I am both mentally and physically - physically I'm not as strong as pre Bristol - mentally ... well maybe I do have it still deep inside as the four reps went like this
1) that didn't kill me I can get another done
2) that nearly killed me but I'll be ok for one more
3) OK am still not dead but kind of wish I was
4) death would be a blessing (especially as I completely missed the start and the first pace showed at 2:40 or something stupid!)

Still I survived - 1 seconds per 500 slower than pre Bristol - so I am looking at holding a 1:32/33 ave at the euros - although with a bit more oomph this and next week I might squeeze that down


No comments:

Post a Comment