Wednesday 28 December 2016

2k Test - starter for ten

Of the back of nothing but half marathons and full ones with one speed type session in the last two months - and even before that training wasn't that speedy... lol I decided on a 2k test today as a starter for a months worth of work aimed at the Irish on Jan 23rd the aim was just to rate 28 for the first 1500m at 1:35 pace and then see what the body and mind was capable of. So after 5 hours sleep waking at 4:30 I was in the gym about 7am and after getting changed a warm up I started just before 8am not the ideal time for a 2k tt but there you go. The piece itself went pretty well - rated slightly higher and pace slightly faster but kept it controlled and for once the voices in my head where more positive than negative. Very dry mouth at the end and legs where pretty loaded - happy with how it went and feeling positive I can build on it :o)

Interesting it showed 6:14.9 when I finished but rounded up to 6:15.0 ffs....





No comments:

Post a Comment