Tuesday 12 November 2013

tear it down and rebuild - 10 by 1min @20

 Since my last blog (3rd Nov) I’ve had a lot of RL (real life) interruptions to my erg – both in personal and professional life (none too serious on the grand scale of things – but enough to “rock the boat”) the main interruption has been a trip to the UK to see family – even though I took my gear to train there just never became a point where I could justify it “Hi mum – yep know I haven’t seen you for 6 months but just popping to the gym” would not go down to well. Back late on Sunday night – tried a 30r20 yesterday lunch – had some “unsettling news” just before I went down – enough to break the mental will. So today – with 12 days to the Irish – I’ve decided I’m literally going to destroy myself on the erg for the next 5-7 days with a mixture of hellish sessions and then give my body a few days to recover and hope it’s enough to a) get the body back up to speed and b) get the brain ready for pain.

 

So today we started with a settler – 10by1min @20 with 1min rest – last erg’d on the 6thSeptember blog and came out with 1:32.7 ave so my target today was 325m per split (1:32.3) started well but misstimed the end of the 5th split and the start of the 6th – this meant I was behind and as I tried to make up the meters being fatigued and untrained my form left me a little and the erg started bouncing around to the point I had to back off a little of the power – managed to get through and even PB’d by 2m :lol:

 

Let the destruction begin



















No comments:

Post a Comment