Sunday 3 November 2013

The tale of twos - 40r18 by2 1@34 by2

This afternoon I managed to get some time on the erg - no TT nor PB attempt - just getting the meters in and keeping the blood high. Had to put two pairs of socks on as it's a bit chilly - 9c in the shed - although I had that up to 13c by he finish :lol:

So 40@18 HRR 72% 2:30r then 40@18 HRR 70% - no real issues just a case of finding the rhythm and working the HR. Second one was kinda fun in as much as I was able to keep a reasonable pace without much shift in the HR. In fact looking at the HR graph after the EPOC maxed at the end of the first 40 minutes and actually dropped of in the second !





Then a couple minutes of rest and onto the 2by1min 1min rest - target was 2k time -2 2k rr +1 (so as I'm inclined to think I'm more a 6:04 athlete than the recent 6:11 I went with that) 337m target and apart from nearly coming of the seat on the first one again all is good ... well apart from the new finger blisters ffs!








No comments:

Post a Comment