Friday 1 November 2013

**** 6344m Challenge Series PB ****

So after yesterday’s mile PB – blog updated with result – today we (Team Q-Power) were told we could have a crack at either a 6k TT or for those doing the challenge series the “Joe Simpson” 6344m (OK – he (Q) may not have meant those who rowed a mile TT – but then again he didn’t say we – well “I” couldn’t :lol: ) now I have it set in my head I can row 1:40 split for 30 minutes and therefore decided this would be a good opportunity to test the metal in the mind. So that was the target set all I had to do was hit it – simple eh – oh wait I have a bit of a bug and legs of lead – oh well.

 

4k of our 5k race warm up done and then some 1:40 splits @26 – thought this would be a good rate to test out – set the distance and splits at 793m (the total divided by 8) and set off. First split was a little fast but then I settled and the rate increased a little – wasn’t too worried by that as the legs took a pounding this week (4 PB’s – now – since Monday) managed to keep hitting the target but had “issues” in the shorts department as things weren’t sitting in the right place – had a few fiddles to no real benefit and just drove on. After the half way mark the right knee started playing up and so I upped the rate to take the pressure off – this also caused the pace to increase slightly. Puffing and panting I got to the final split and decided to drive for home. From 300m out I let the hammer drop and got down to 1:26 splits just before the end. Happy enough with the result – but I know there are a good few seconds to take off that on fresh legs …










No comments:

Post a Comment