Thursday 31 October 2013

Another crack at the mile

This time I had a plan  :-D  - but not the result I wanted  :cry:

 

So with the Mile TT on Monday lunch and the 30r20 PB on Monday eve - even though I played protection on my legs - last night when I went to bed they were still feeling like lumps of lead - so much so I coated them in deep heat in the hope the body would repair overnight - I think it helped - but maybe not enough - I even avoided the stairs in work and used the lift up one flight  :oops: still last chance saloon to down I went and carried out the race warm up - throat dry from the bug I've been carrying and breathing not the best. Took a moment to compose and set up the mile - focussed on the plan which I had posted in front of me and set of.


The plan



 

First few strokes a bit erratic (must do some practise on this) then after bumping around I found my pace for the first 400m and sat on it – hit target – OK next 400m and target reduced so backed off – hit the split bang on again – third 400m time to put a little squeeze on – but this is where the legs started to fight back – OK just keep it going – slightly off target (by 0.3) now time to call in the big guns and see what wulfy could do – not as much as I hoped – I did drive down to 1:26’s and 1:27’s but couldn’t find the 1:25’s I wanted to really fire home – thin this was more down to the bug than the legs – maybe both – finished and tried to release the straps – took a moment and then went through a very slow 1k cool down.


The result










No comments:

Post a Comment