Saturday 5 October 2013

4by750 PB - a tale of two's

So today Q had lined up for us 4by750 3r oh then 15min rest and go again - so that's the first of the two's  :lol: Couple of interesting quotes I saw in the last couple of days - one by "wilmo1979" which was "you can do anything for a minute" the second Ollie had "it's not the legs that give up - its the head" (second of the two's) both of those quotes I used to get me through today. The third of the two's was the battle - today I was not simply battling two sets of 750's - today I was battling the 8by500 HD session from earlier in the week as well as todays fight. So it all lined up nicely.
 
Now I could of set off at lower than PB pace (which was set on the 5th Sep - and involved only one set of 750's) but where is the fun in that, plus I needed to prove something to myself, so with the PB target in mind I set off on the first (that is after the 5k warm up and small matter of cleaning the house all morning - glamorous hey) wasn't too bad and used the "you can do anything for a minute" to good affect in fact it worked so well I adjusted my sights so that instead of looking for the finish I was looking for a minute before it :lol: second rep was tough but manageable third one started to bite and thoughts turned to the HD - then to Ollie's quote - then to Wilmo - and then I was in the last minute - ok last rep and PB was still there - had to dig deep early on and hold hold hold - by the time I got over the line the legs and lungs where quiverin - do another set of those! No way
 










Amazing what a paddle can do and feeling a little better 15 minutes after wanting to crawl into a corner and have my mummy come get me I was off again. This time I reduced the target and after the first rep I thought maybe I reduced it too far - the second rep proved that the target was right though as I limped over the line. But then a bounce back happened and the third rep was solid - as was the fourth tough and hurt but I think I got that target right and managed a mild sprint for the line - job done
















No comments:

Post a Comment