Tuesday 29 October 2013

30r18 with bumps - protection racket

Well yesterday’s 2 PB's certainly brought the "bug" in my system out - sound like Barry White today :lol: at least that might mean I am getting over it. So today with that in mind and the potential for a more aggressive attack on the mile I dropped the planned distance to a simple 30min with two 1 min "bumps" at 14 and 29 minutes. Gentle 2k warm up with the foot plate showing two holes instead of one quickly came to a halt as it was evident that the ankle (with the recently torn tendon) was under pressure at the catch - so dropped back to one hole showing and carried on - the ankle definitely didn't like it though and remained "niggly" throughout.

 

So 14min 1min 14min 1min set up with targets of HRR 72% for the 14minutes @18 and 1:29.0 pace @33 for the minutes. All well apart from the new tear in my butt skin which caused a little discomfort - more so in the minute bump where I found myself readjusting my seating as I went along. Took about 3minutes for the HR to drop back to 72% after the bump and the split was showing 1:50.7 at that point. Wasn’t looking forward to the last minute due to empty legs and butt tear - but found myself in an almost zen like place when it came about - just sat there starring at the monitor showing 1:29 split ... hmmm maybe the mind has turned a corner

 

Hopefully that will keep the blood pumping while allowing the old legs to recover a bit now







No comments:

Post a Comment