Monday 28 October 2013

30r20 PB - I seem to be ok at these

So although my "race pace" (2k and mile) is absolutely shocking at the moment - it would seem the engine and power is ticking nicely - may need a chat with Q to see what's going on,

This was planned to be an online dual with Andrew Jones - although he ended up bowing out due to social commitments - I don't have that particular issue - so as I'd already cleared the time with the mrs due to a bank holiday here - which although I worked I was able to get out early - then home and built her a blazing fire which I was sitting in front off all comfy - but managed to drag myself upstairs so to change into the long sleeved cold gear top and full length leggings - it's cold in my erg shed!

Oh the row - yes - well like I said had planned this with Andrew - he had his target - I had mine (1:43.3 8706m) - so after the warm up I plugged in the pace man and set off - took me a good few minutes to settle - worrying that the mile PB (although a slow one) was going to come back at me from lunchtime - it didn't - pumped along quite nicely (although 13 minutes from the end the toes started getting cold lol) then I realised that I could beat what was the old free rate Irish 30min record if I dug in (8737m) - so I did - ok 602 strokes in the end - but checked with the official adjudicator and that is good to go for PB no.2 today 








No comments:

Post a Comment