Friday 9 August 2013

PB **** 30r20 ****

Not sure where the PB came from – but I’ll take it – went down with the intention of rowing a 30r18 70% HRR – mainly due to my left hand looking like this -
But then as I went through the 2k warm up I decided I needed some punishment – so testing out the r20 power I swapped the session to a 30r20 and would aim at a pace slightly slower than PB pace (training having been very hit and miss recently) got myself set after checking current PB (8668m) and off I set at a pace slightly faster and took a while to get a rhythm going – but once I found the rhythm I was able to hold it – no trouble with legs or heart – just lungs blowing a little but nothing too bad – after getting past 20min I knew PB was on and squeezed the pressure – starting looking at 8686m (yes I am OCD) and then as I came into the final 3minutes I started to target 8700m – but as I took my 600th stroke with 8700m + showing on predicted finish I had to sit there and watch it drop under to 8699m – lol – I could have taken another stroke to get it over 8700m – but this is a 30r20 and doing that wouldn’t be very sportsman like would it ;o) Besides I am happy enough with it and know there is more in the tank on this even without too much training.




I taped up the fingers before the row - by the end it looked like this lol





1 comment:

  1. I can one up-man you on the blisters Paul :-D : one on each hand (palms not fingers though). Mine have a slightly larger raw surface area, although you'll have to take my word for it, as I don't have a phone with a camera and I'm too lazy with technology to upload pictures even if I had :-).

    A damn fine row.

    ReplyDelete