Monday 26 August 2013

Recovery row post 100k - 30@22 HRR 70%

Post 100k (see Saturday’s blog) “recovery” row today which I decided on a 30@22 HRR 70% (146bpm) fluffy but still a little bite in it to keep me interested. Wasn’t sure what would happen body wise to be honest – no major problems that have surfaced – knees a little sore – back a little aching – small skin loss on one finger – I suppose the main thing is the groin strain in the right leg (probably brought about by the body compensating for the knee on Saturday) it’s sore enough but not so bad that I think training would make it worse. 

To that end I set of on a  1k warm up – that brought to attention the butt skin loss – well scar/scab that had to me removed before I could row and then off I set on the 30r22 – after a while I noticed the breathing was heavy on the chest – but put that down to the body protesting – since when did I ever pay attention to that though.

So cracked on and lined up 8200m – failed by a meter even by breaking HR cap by 3bpm in the last minute – still that didn’t hurt as much as the shower after when the water hit the open butt scars !!









3 comments:

  1. Possible new sponsor ?

    http://www.beowulfmining.net/

    /Johan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Big congrats on the WR by the way.
    My PB says that I could have keept up with you for the first HM !!!

    However I saw a new goal for you the 100k WR for 50-59,
    maybe when you are 40 and go for the 40-49 WR.

    /JOhan

    ReplyDelete