Tuesday 11 February 2014

Race pace 500's

Simple session 3 by 500m at race pace with 5 min rest – race warm up – HR wasn’t raising as high as usual – still have a few snots and cough – but better than yesterday

Decided to row these with a race start and see how they went –

First one I took a power long stroke then quick half stroke and into “normal” length – didn’t like that

Second one I took a few quick sharp short strokes and then into “normal” length – didn’t like that

Thirdly I took a power stroke then a half-length and then a few over length strokes – I did like that

Still getting that rasping sensation in the chest after about 300m – still more gunk to clear. Have more practice on these tomorrow so will try the last one again and adjust. Felt quite odd leaving the Model C as I won’t be on it again until after the champs – off tomorrow to pack and drop off the hounds – Thursday I travel.

No comments:

Post a Comment