Monday 9 February 2015

8by500's - sick bucket

This morning I got in early enough to do a 30r20 70% HRR - unfortunately not early enough to go to the toilet before I started and by the end of the row it was getting a little uncomfortable and no doubt led to a rise in HR along with dehydration (went to bed last night feeling thirsty and woke this morning feeling worse lol) still meters in the bank


So lunchtime I decided to re-visit the 8by500's which I only got through 4 of last week before taking a longer rest period - determined to do at least 5 on target I set off well and got through first 4 reasonably OK - 5th too wasn't too bad although legs started to creak - on the 6th I had to dig in and forget the 7th was looming and only just got there - then the break - trying to decide whether or not to take a little longer on the break I decided not and just went for it - about 250m in all was OK then the legs went and it was a hard fight to the end - OK one more rep to complete the set - summoned up my strength and off I went - the legs went before I got to 200m and I just had to grind it out - but happily I was able to grind it out on 1:33/34's. Collapsed on the floor after I had to ask for the bin to be brought over as I got a little sick into my mouth - luckily that's as far as it got. Not a PB by a long shot - but a solid grind to the end and to be able to pull 1:33/34 with the legs the state they where in for the last 300 is a good mental tick




No comments:

Post a Comment