Tuesday 24 February 2015

not a good day on the erg ...

5k warm up - felt OK but the main piece ... well ... ye that didn't go well at all - 1250 set up - wanted to try a race start on the PM (error no1) also my usual "music phone" hadn't charged up so had to use a different one with different music (error no2) which didn't seem to be as loud and meant I could really hear my breathing (error no3) kept thinking about what James said above lol had the splits set to 125 and for some reason decided to change my count (normally I count the strokes I take for 30 seconds so eg count down from 16 to do 32spm) (error no4)

So target wise I went with 25 sub 1:30 then settle to 1:31 - but as I found the 1:32's coming in and I couldn't work out where I was in relation to the piece and basically it was a mental drop out - I tried another 4 times and got no further than 500m on any of them.






No comments:

Post a Comment