Thursday 4 June 2015

5k Irish 40-49H record (incl CTC)

So I trained on Monday – Tuesday I was hoping to train early morning before the daughter got up (I was off for the day as the crèche was closed and the Mrs was in work so meant I needed to take the day off – had a lovely day though visiting a “open farm” with the crèche ;o) ) Wednesday was wiped out as I was messing about trying to get a loan car sorted out. So today was first day of training for a few days and decided to have a crack at my 5k and 6k Irish 40-49 records – they were both set during the “9 records in 24 hours” so not amazingly fast (1:43.7 pace for the 5k and 1:46 for the 6k) so just set up the 5k (with a 4810m split to tick the CTC) and set off aiming at r24 1:43.5 – errr I went through 1k at about 1:41.1 pace so as I felt OK just went with it – by halfway I was at 1:40.5 pace and increased the rate to 26 – by the end I was hitting 1:30 pace at r30 lol – I didn’t do the 6k after – not bad considering I’m not exactly on a up and up with my training at the moment – and only 4.3 seconds off my 5k PB – oops.





2 comments: