Friday 19 June 2015

two 30r20's - one at 70% HRR and one at age group PB SB

Once again managed to get in early enough to do a 30min row before work - just - r20 and 70% HRR - felt good and managed to get it in under 1:50 pace which I was very happy with




So after saying I'd take it easy this week I got a bit of drive in me and took on the 30r20 TT at lunch - age group PB was 8686m so target 1:43.6 or better. 2k warm up with some r20 bursts and off we set. Got to the 6min mark and although tough I was still in control so kept the pressure on. (I know from experience that the 6 minute mark is a good time to adjust if needed - it should be tough but not quite coming apart at this point) I kept the sub 1:43 pace going up for the first third and then backed of slightly through the middle - not sure where my "fitness" is at the moment. Then once inside the last ten picked it up again and drove for home in the last two or three minutes - overall 30r20 PB is 8,855m 1:41.6 which may be on in the coming months ...

Happens to be a seasons best 30 minute as well :-D








2 comments:

  1. Great Job Paul!!!
    Funny how those "I'm just going to take it easy days or weeks" end up being your best ones.
    No expectations to worry about I guess.

    Marco

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Marco - let's hope I can get back to it now

      Delete