Saturday 24 October 2015

CTC r28 for Joan

Thank you Joan for helping me through this - any regular ctc and I would have been looking to wrap it up on the 4th rep and finished on the 6th but thinking of what the session was about meant I kept going thinking about having Joan in my corner cheering me on in the shed.

The row came out of the blue and with little prep other than getting changed - hadn't planned on rowing today but a opportunity arouse and I grabbed it. Up to the shed and after a full race warm up at old race pace targets I was pretty much cooked before I started lol but dialled in the 15 by 1 min with 1 min rest and using a target of sub 1:32 (so 327m) I set off on the model B. First two reps went well as they tend to but the third started to bite and on finishing the 4th I knew I was in trouble. A lack of erg fitness (or any other kind of fitness) was a problem and that coupled with messing up timings for the start (hitting 1:50 first split for a lot of the reps) meant digging deep and in order to try and keep the stroke rate to 28 meant I lost a minimum of 3m on a lot of the later reps ( ie I'd take my last stroke and see predicted finish of 320 and end with 317) still a good training effect from the session and a plus 1 on the mental peg board should see me in good stead for a few days at least. Nearly sick after the 6th rep and pretty much every one after lol.








No comments:

Post a Comment