Monday 2 September 2013

30min TT PB - Rowpro Race-night Series

So tonight was the Race Night Series on Rowpro - I signed up at the weekend for it and got the clearance from the Mrs :-D so left work and home to spend time with the baby before she went to bed and then did a few chores before heading out to the shed a little later than I wanted to.
So only time for a 2k warm up and then signed in to Rowpro race - and I crashed out - so signed in again - and I crashed out - rebooted the laptop - and it crashed -

Rebooted again and at this point I shut down my fans (24C and 61% hum in the shed!) and turned off the music and was about to tear something apart - so then I had a brain wave - put it into the erg and get the training effect - so I set up a 30min piece and set off - still carrying the groin/thigh/knee strains I wanted to be a little cautious at the start and so aimed at 1:42 split - but found myself after a little time sitting on 1:41.1 average - and wasn't to uncomfortable so I kept it there.
About 5k in the knee started acting up but although painful it was still moving so kept it going - found it a little tough about 10minutes out but just kept it rolling and then upped it with three minutes to go and inside the last minute I let Beowulf out to play.
PB by 11m - and plenty to come on the right day - but I'll let that day come to me

Signed into general chat and saw the 1 minutes being set up - missed the first heat but asked if I was still eligible to enter and got the ok so entered the second heat - wasn't all out as I'd only just finished the 30min :lol:




Then signed into the second 1 minute and crashed again - twice - eventually I managed to get my last 1 minute done - again not an all out affair as I need to be careful with the groin - especially after not warming up properly


Turns out I won racenight by the narrowest of margins  :-D which is unusual for a fat bloke












No comments:

Post a Comment