Saturday 4 January 2014

**** 4by750's 3r PB **** Strapless - well shoeless

Found out in the last day or so that I really need to be looking at a sub6 (or close to it) if I want that hammer in Boston - no more fecking about then - basically I know of an entrée that will more than likely break sub6 - so should be fun then.

After my 750's earlier in the week HD - Q gave me a pace guide for them - 1:29.5 - 1:29.5 - 1:29.2 - 1:28.6 which would hint to a 6min 2k (or very bloody close) so that was my focus - I actually did this about lunchtime today - but only just getting round to blogging.

In the shed we had 100% humidity and 3.9C - lovely - well should be good training for Boston :lol: warm up done and legs tired - but I have to push them now - so tough - set up the session on rowpro and off I set - blowing quite hard - legs complaining - first set on target - but hurt more than a usual first set - oh well - tough - second set I started well again and settled worked for it from about 500m to go - but again in on target - OK third rep - make or break - I'm not usually a neg split guy - but this is how they are set up so started hard and focused on the split till 250m to go and saw I could back off a little - sorted - OK last set - need to mark my territory - decided again to focus on the split and then pump what I needed from 200m out - plan went well - although I noticed that my foot was slipping - so then I started to thump it (had in my mind Andy Jones who had done the 750's early this week and finished on 1:25 split - I was heading the same way ... then out it came - right foot completely out of the shoe - looked down - looked up at the monitor - would I stop - no way - placed my foot back on top of the shoe and took the final 7 strokes strapless and shoeless - :lol: - still managed to PB the session - previous PB was 1:30.7 - so 1.2 seconds by 500m of my PB - I'll take that - would I off hit my target if I hadn't of come un-shoed ....

No comments:

Post a Comment