Tuesday 14 January 2014

Q's punishment - split personality of the indoor rower

Firstly Q-Punishment for me going “off-Piste” (as he calls it :lol: ) the last few days was to restrict me to 1:52.5 pace rows of between 2k and 8k and no more (r18) bearing in mind my 70% HRR cap rows come in just under 1:50 pace this was a cruel and unusual punishment – OK not that unusual – but cruel! So set up the 8k and knocked it off – HR got up to about 140 which is 65% HRR for me – strangely it was still tough work – not hard – but enough to keep the brain in the game to control it.

 

Then he did allow me a little play – 2by1min on 1min rest – I going to add a minute every day up to Saturday when I will be on the full 6 reps and then if I am a good boy next week I will be back on a schedule – going to aim at 355m per rep every day – if I manage to hold six of them it will be a PB – gives me something to work to and makes me feel less like I am just “paddling”.

 

So – the split personality of the indoor rower (I’m sure this happens OTW and other sports as well) since I HD’d on a 1250m piece last Thursday I have started and stopped 4 times at a 30min TT – why – well I put it down to a split personality – I’m trying to hit a 9k 30min piece 1:40.0 pace (I did 1:40.6 in September)  – the stats are there to say this is achievable – one part of my head says it is also – that’s the part that gets me to go down and set it up on the erg – problem is there is another part of my brain which pops up at different times that says “what you doing?” – “I think you should stop now for reasons a, b, & C” – this part of the brain has taken over control of the 30min piece at the moment – I need to nurture the other piece and get him strong again to win that battle – that will have to wait now until after Boston – I’ve got my aeroplane tickets – that’s not the sort of money I’m willing to through away being a tightwad :lol:

No comments:

Post a Comment