Saturday 28 December 2013

**** 8by500's 1:30r PB ****

So this afternoon as I stated I got a bit of vertigo which I thought would mean the session was off - but after a couple of travel sickness tablets it was time to bring the game
 
Out to the shed - 6c and 90%+ humidity - kept the heater on throughout the warm up and got the temp up to 11c by the end - toasty.
 
First rep and instead of looking at the at the monitor I found myself looking at the Rowpro laptop readout and just focused on the split time - new I had to have this at 1:29 to hit the PB and at the finish it came in at 1:29.1 - PB being 1:29.5 - this meant it was either gonna bite me bad later or I'd PB - so I did the same thing for the rest of the reps and just focused on the split - I mucked up the 5th and 7th rep by not rowing through the line so lost 0.1 on the split - which in the end meant the average came out at 1:29.3 rather than 1:29.2 (actually it was 1:29.25 but Q likes to round up :lol: ) of course this means next time I do this session I'm going to have to start hitting the 1:28's - gulp!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment