Thursday 26 December 2013

Trying to get back on track 60r20 80% HRR

Well - been a bit of a disaster training wise of late - think the 60min PB took more out of my legs than originally thought and a consequence of that combined with the little ones first birthday and xmas has thrown me right out - so - although I'm not back on track yet at least I'm heading towards the sound of the trains.

Todays row was intended to be tough enough to force some physical gains and also long enough to test the mental metal - 60r20 with a upper HRR limit of 85% fitted the bill - deciding to aim at sub 1:48 pace per 3 minute split - I found the large majority of it at 80% HRR (160) had moments of "I want to stop" not cos it hurt - but cos its cold in my shed and I would much rather be sat in front of the fire watching TV. So pretty happy I got through it although not close to a tough physical row - with recent mental weakness it was a step forward - phew!


No comments:

Post a Comment