Friday 6 December 2013

BIRC Bound - race warm up

Well up early to catch the flight to East Midlands - sourced a concept2 in a hotel across the road as I had a couple of hours to kill before the lovely Jen and Ian picked me up.

Into the gym and asked to have a quick look at the rower before I paid my fiver - drag was showing at 97! on level 10 - mentioned it could do with a quick hoover and offered to do it - he said he needed to get a screwdriver from maintenance but they where busy - so I went off to get changed anyway with the thoughts of doing the race warm up on 97!

Got into the gym and bless him he had the cover off and was cleaning it out - what a gent! Drag then shot up to 180 on level 10 - more than I needed - the chain was a bit clunky but not major major bad so I cracked on with my 5k race warm up.  Legs a bit tired - but the throat seems a little better.

Into the hotel bar for scoff - rice of course! (It's a Bristol thing)

No comments:

Post a Comment