Sunday 8 December 2013

BIRC 2by2k

Would like to say a well done to all who raced and supported yesterday - including those who weren't physically present.

Where to start - well - after the Irish  I regained some confidence and entered BIRC 35-39H then once the competitors list came out I saw an opportunity in the Open so after discussing it with Q we decided to TT the open and race the 35-39H.

Not a great week leading up to the race as I came down with a sore throat! But as it stayed at just that the plan remained the same. Target 1:31 for the open. Looking at the entrants for the 35-39 I figured sub 6:20 would take that.

Warmed up for the open about right - maybe a little early - but conscious of the 15min my marshaling time. Sat on the back row as I was a late entry  ;-) set of well and seemed to sit on my plan pretty well - about halfway though I found the throat really drying up and the throat caused a small problem - but carried on although the pace may have slowed - towards the end I was convinced I was on for a 6:04 as my tired old brain worked out 1:31.9 split wrong  :lol: when I'd finished it took me 30seconds to work out that the clock wasn't wrong with its 6:07.5 - a win which would also earn me the honour of winning the "Champion of Champions" cup.

Struggled over to collect my medal - watched Jens race - then back around to race again :lol: the aim was to sit on 1:35 and punch the finish - found myself 5th at the start but sat on my split and figured the lesders would fade - which all but one did - fair play to him - rowed a great race and deserved the win I got the silver with 6:17.2

Great day followed by a Q-Power team night out - today I'm struggling....

No comments:

Post a Comment