Tuesday 17 December 2013

Trying to find a rhythm - CTC - 3by2k 3r

So after Sat nights 60min PB http://roadtosub6.blogspot.ie/2013/12/60min-pb.html there had been a bit of head scratching in camp-Q as to my 2k (when you couple the recent 500m 1:19.7 with the hours 1:43.5) so it was decided to trial a few things – one of which is a 6k TT – so I had the bright idea of doing it yesterday lunchtime … yep you guessed it HD – twice – first one after 600m and second one after 1400m – why – well possibly legs fried a little from Sat (which I think after doing todays row I can confirm :lol: and secondly I didn’t find the rhythm – r24 for 60min and r32 for 6min both require very different breathing patterns to a 6k r28 and I always need to play around to get my body used to it before I get a good attempt in – and I always forget this and just go for it anyway :lol:  so today’s intention was to get used to the rate and the rhythm so with this month’s CTC being 3by2k it seemed a great choice and would give me added incentive to get through – I don’t think the Paddy’s mind when I do this ;-D

 

So the target was r28 and I thought I’d aim at 1:39 pace – but that would mean a finish of 6:32 – and that doesn’t look as nice as sub 6:30 – so 1:37.5 it was – basically I sat on it from start to finish – the pace drifted up in the middle as far as 1:37.8 but no further – and as I thought it worked a treat – the first 500m of the first rep the usual “panic attack” feelings set in but with it only being 2k I was able to drive through them – I think this comes to bear due to the large increase in oxygen the body craves and the mind is like “WOOOO WTF BRO!” once over that I was able to settle into it – and then I could feel the tiredness in the legs – which again was good – especially when it hit me with 1300m to go in the final rep – just drove on through it and finished with a little flurry – rated a little higher than I would have liked – but good training and a score for my Paddy guys and gals!

No comments:

Post a Comment