Wednesday 15 October 2014

20r20 (+4s/500) [3:00] 10r20 (30r20 TT pace)

Or as I like to call it - feckin horrible!

HR strap still not kicking in  - 1:41.6 is current 30r20 PB

OK so I went a little too fast at the start and maybe that and trying to correct my technique and possibly a little fatigue from the weekend made this worse than a "normal" training day - but by the last 4 minutes I was blowing out of my $r$e almost literally. The last three and a half minutes I went back to my old "drive through the balls of my feet" technique otherwise I just wouldn't have finished - yes I probably just have stuck with technique and let the pace drop but even then I'm not sure I would have had the power left to finish as the new technique for the moment takes more out of me.

I took the last stroke with about 5 seconds left on the clock but just let it tick over - on finishing I tried to work out how I did a straight 30 at that pace ?





No comments:

Post a Comment