Monday 20 October 2014

40r20 70% HRR in the am - 30r20 TT lunch

The weekend did it's usual job on me in terms of training and I can't see it being any different until after the wedding now - priorities Paul - priorities ... so no training.

Into work early enough this morning to get a 40min r20 70% workout in - still working on technique and it still seems to be making me tired for the amount of meters I get - still gotta take the baby steps now


 So then lunchtime came around and it was time for the 30r20 - something I've been remiss in completing recently - in fact the 11th of August was the last 30r20 TT and looking back I aimed at 1:43.5 after starting that day - wish I saw that before starting today as I aimed at 1:42.9 - that got a bit tough - who am I kidding - it was a complete grind - almost HD'd a few times - at 9 minutes to go the swerve was definitely downwards but luckily got my head together and carried on - better to come back up to work having finished it no matter what the pace.

Just before the end the ergdata connection went and I had to try and make sure I got in spot on 600 strokes



Then I re-plugged and got the stroke count - bang on 600 - phew 




This also qualifies as a new Irish 40-49H 30min record - which is nice 

2 comments:

  1. Massive congrats on the record Paul. I'll be very happy when I manage to break 8,200m in 30mins, so 8686 is unbelievably good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you :o) - only just seen this comment - I don't seem to be notified by them

      Delete