Sunday 3 January 2016

Catch up incl 8by500 1r and illness

So the last blog was from the 28th December - 4by1k so on the 29th I rowed a 30r20 at 70% HRR this came out at 8017m 1:52.2 pace - a morning row in a very humid shed and the start of a bug it seems - the HR shot up straight of the go although I think this was initially a bad connection on the strap it stayed pretty high for the intensity of the row.


On the 30th I went out for one of the more intense sessions on the lead up to the Irish - 12 by 500m on 1min rest - target was 1:32.0 to 1:32.5 for the first 8 and control the decline on the last four - I had to dig in a lot and by the 8th one I was struggling on the start of the 9th I basically coughed up and had to stop the bug was taking it's toll ....


So that was it then - took the 31st Dec and 1st Jan off to recover - cough was pretty severe and causing a lack of sleep as it continued over night also caused a bit of mucus or crap on my chest - still could be worse - touched base with Q and decided on a max 60r18 65% HRR on the 2nd Jan - did this on watts so I wasn't distracted by the pace - good job as it was shocking... 15,316m






So then onto today and another 60r18 65% HRR - this time it was a lot more positive with 15,693m





No comments:

Post a Comment