Friday 15 January 2016

It's a process not a race - 4by750 3r - Irish entrants list

Well the entrants came out for the Irish last night - I entered the 2k Open and 500m Open - sure why not 5 months ago I was having surgery on my back to remove part of one of my discs so might as well go for broke until I am broke :-) as Colin Williamson said to me many moons ago - "do you want to live on your knees or die on your feet" - I'm choosing to die this time round - also I hoped at the time of entering that there would be a few guys in and around the 6:10 mark I can try to get into the mix with - I tend to get a better result that way - as it turns out there are at least 8 guys who have pulled 6:11 or faster and the winner (6:01.7) from last year is in again with another two guys on the 6:05 mark. So that should be fun.

Today I pinged Q a email and said "So – should I smash the legs up again – 8by500 on 1:31.0 pace?"

the reply "Would prefer 750s, but otherwise 500s. Make is a hard work day, and rest at the weekend, a couple of 1:31.5 or so, then a squeeze, then put yourself on the floor in the last."

That's pretty much as it went - had to tell myself when the time came that this was a process and not a race. Felt it but not uncontrollably - no big adrenaline rush today - just a grind - I missed the last stroke on the third rep and the last I was cruising at 1:33 after the first 30 seconds if memory serves – I went to 1:32 from 300m out and took the last 10 to 15 strokes at 1:29

Job done.

















No comments:

Post a Comment