Tuesday 26 January 2016

10k TT - Irish Record - Age Group PB - 21 million lifetime meters - CTC

Think the title sums it all up - after yesterday's aborted lunchtime row (too many "distractions" in the gym and was pretty bloody tired after the weekend) I realised I was only 10,718m short of 21 million meters - and today the rain caused a delay getting into work so that pretty much set up the session itself - 718m warm up then 10k TT - no point celebrating 21 million meters on a paddle - maybe it's my coming of age number :o) I went through 20 million meters on the 3rd of August - on the 19th August I was in hospital having part of one of my discs removed ... so by my calculations I've covers a million meters since the op lol

The row itself started of well enough - I knew my 40-49H Irish record was average of 1:44.3 (no not amazing by all standards) so set off rating 24 and found myself sitting at around 1:42 so then I figured I'd clip the 5k for the CTC as well.... got that and backed off as my little legs where tired - but made myself stay under the 1:44.3 and although tough - I was more tired than beat so kept the pressure on and managed a little lift inside the last 500m finishing on a 1:28 split - with a lot of sweat!












No comments:

Post a Comment