Tuesday 6 May 2014

4by750 3r - she won't let you get away with it

the Erg - aka the Mistress - you can't leave her (speed work wise) and come back expecting to pick up where you left off - although of course I did didn't I :lol: I mentioned in the blog earlier that the weekend was a right off training wise - it was - the only session I attempted was the 4by750 on Sunday - I was tired and not in the right frame of mind mentally to attack it - let alone set of on a PB pace - which I did - for about 200m (target 1:29.5 for first rep - ave PB pace is 1:29.3) but I drifted mentally and when I went back to the monitor I was seeing 1:33 pace - WTF - tried to drag it back and I was hitting 1:27's - stupid stupid - should have just come back to 1:30 and held - so then the handle came down - waited a few minutes and tried to go again - but by that time the demons were well and truly in my head and lasted a mere 300m - packed up and went in.

So today with the race Sunday looming - still feeling tired (about 4-5 hours sleep last night) a blinking rash on my head (think it's from being in the loft/attic at the weekend trying to find stuff - seem to be allergic to the insulation) and feeling "eurgh" I decided to have another crack at the 4by750 - but be sensible and just target 1:30 on the screen for the pace - ignore the ave - just hit as many 1:30's as I could for as many reps as I could - ie take them one at a time - as usual this approach of only looking at the next 30seconds worked and I made it through - I mean seriously sometimes I feel like the world is closing in on me at the start of these reps and to make it to the end is like watching the dawn - as you heave the carbon from the body - Q had posted something in relation to another team member on our forum to do with the mechanism of the breathing on these sessions after a lay off - I grasped onto that as much as I did to every molecule of oxygen I sucked in

Garmin Details









No comments:

Post a Comment