Thursday 1 May 2014

Short Sharp Shock - 6by1min 1r

There's a 2k race held in Clonakilty on the 11th May - I haven't 100% decided if I am going at the moment (1h20m one way in the car) but as I had a meeting at 1pm today I decided to do some short sharp shock treatment to see where I stand with the speed after all the 70% HRR rows and 60min HM and FM TT's - so the shortest session in the book of Q is the 6by1min - PB on this is 1:25.1 - I used the app on the iphone to work this out to be 352m per minute - what I should of done was take the 2114m from the PB (14th Nov 2013 - start of race season - plenty of speed work 9 days before the Irish 6:06.0 2k) and divided it by 6 - 352.3m!

5k race warm up and not used to rowing 1:30 pace at all - decided this was a bad idea - but started anyway :lol: surprised I didn't come apart a lot sooner - in fact the legs only really showed signs of lactic cramp on the last rep - the breathing however ... well I had to apologise to the other guy in there after :lol:

oh the meeting - well - I sweated a lot :lol:

Garmin Details http://connect.garmin.com/activity/490696161

Last rep got tough at the end



Not too bad considering



No comments:

Post a Comment