Thursday 8 May 2014

a gentle nod in the direction of Sundays race - 1250m

haven't really taken any sessions in particular aimed at the race on Sunday other than the 6by1min - 4by750 - and today Q requested the following


1x1250m at 1:30, to be done on Thursday.
The 1250m will feel ok for 400m, then it will feel dreadful. You need to fight it - your body will play tricks with your mind telling it that it cannot cope. However it can and it needs to be shown that. 
God me nerves leading up to it - about an hour before I was almost shaking - fight or flight time! Went down for the fight - race warm up done and off I set - got to 400m and it wasn't that bad to be honest - I was geared up for mind v body but didn't need the ammunition - although I slowed a tad on the final split that's cos I dropped the last stroke as counted wrong lol

Garmin Details




No comments:

Post a Comment