Wednesday 23 December 2015

8by500's 1:30 Q's plan - Wulf delivery

Quick chat with Q this morning via the old email and what with Christmas and it's distractions I decided this lunchtime would likely be the only chance I'd get for a good run at a speed session so with that in mind and having fallen upon the 8by500's as the session next came the pace plan - wanting to beat 1:31.5 I handed over to Q's and he came up with
Suggest you put the first 4 at 1:31.8 (which puts you 1.6s slow). Then a pair at 1:31.5 (2.2s slow). Then a 1:31.0. Then see how close you can get to 1:29.0 on the last. HOWEVER it is just training, so get the best out of yourself on the day. If it is a 1:32.5 average, take the training benefit!!
 So plan sorted - r30 to start lifting the last one or two if needed - down and warmed up but felt off and not in the mood - gave myself a talking to and reminded myself I may not get on the erg again properly over the next few days so got stuck in. First rep was OK but a little bit tougher than usual on these - still 1:31.7 done and rest then the next, 1:31.7 again and for the third also - still felt strangely hard but not destroying so plowed on - fourth rep and 1:31.6 still at r30 so have time to spare as looking at that 1:29.0 for the final rep it looked a touvh out of reach - fifth 1:31.4 and then 1:31.3 OK keep going nearly there - 1:30.8 OK I think I can get a 1:30.0 and still hit target......

fyi - all from standing start









No comments:

Post a Comment