Friday 4 December 2015

not feeling it this morning (30r20 75% HRR) felt it at lunch! (4by1k 5r) (with video)

Got in and on the erg the morning feeling tired and it showed - struggled to get any power on at the start so rather than the usual dip into low 1:40 splits I sat at the high end and sweated my way through it - felt a lot harder than it should. 

8,281m 1:48.6 r20 - 30 min 75% HRR





So then lunchtime and i had been dabbling with a 2k test at 1:36 pace with a thump on the end - but after this morning I didn't want to tempt that so the next choice was 4by1k and get used to the higher rating needed - target was a 1:36 arbitrary figure r30 but as I set off on the first I found without pushing too hard I was able to come in under 1:35 - first rep felt pretty OK - second one felt like hell lol serious thoughts of binning the session but after the long rest I was ready to go again and dug in to keep the negative splitting - so for the final rep I set up the camera to check my fat belly and crappy technique (as at this point I've not watched it back) maintained the low 1:34 needed through the first 500m and then increased the pressure - felt tough but under control - back a little sore but not too bad.
 












No comments:

Post a Comment