Thursday 3 December 2015

not feeling the love - 3 HD's and a 8by750 r20 1r

no training opportunities yesterday so last night I went to bed determined to get up and have a crack at a 30r20 pushing beyond the 80% HRR of recent times - but combination of events left me very short of time and interest - so although I got changed and sat on the erg I soon got off and headed to my desk (after a a quick shower and getting dressed)

So lunchtime beckoned and love for the erg was fast diminishing so instead of the mainstream training I have at the moment I thought I'd give myself a challenge and go for the CTC - idea was to pitch an effort towards the top of the rankings but rate restricted - seeing the current top score was 1:36.1 ave I aimed at that (ye - bad mistake at r20) mucked about at a kind of warm up then set the session - in a bad frame of mind which got no better as I started the first rep - although I was hitting the target i found the rate was heading to r22 and in order to get it back on track I had to drop a stroke and that meant a drop in pace and that wrecked my head. HD No1. OK regroup - why not 1:36 at r22 - set off and then I found I was missing the pace FFS HD No2. Sooo then I went for r24 1:38  target .... HD No3. Fine enough buggering about - r20 1:40 split - I mean I held 1:41.6 r20 for 30 minutes surely I can do 8 by 750 with 1 rest at 1:40 ....

That was tough - but more mentally than physically - thankfully I got it done 1:39.1 r20 8 by 750 1 minute rest


No comments:

Post a Comment