Tuesday 1 December 2015

Interesting fact on the short sprints

Lunchtime I only had a short session planned so decided on testing bottom end power while keeping a watchful eye on the back - basically race warm up and then a few 1 minute sprints - although I managed a low pull on Saturday of 1:08 today I couldn't get the bloody thing under 1:17 lol

So after a few different approaches - now here's the interesting bit - as I wanted to see the splits I tried a few ways to get them to show on a single one minute - but it kept defaulting to 1 min split - then I set up a variable interval of 20 seconds with no rest - having completed it I hit the button you do to get a verification code and up it popped!



At the end I went for a rate capped (36) piece - as I rowed it on ergdata again it is verified as a single piece of one minute - now during it on the changeover I saw the split flick from 1:23 to 1:16 - and although this might not make any difference over a longer row - surely on a 100m or a 1 minute it could drastically alter the result?



No comments:

Post a Comment