Tuesday 15 December 2015

Well if you're going play with fire - 4by750 3r

You're gonna get burnt! and by god did my legs feel on fire during that !!

I had already picked the 4by750m for lunchtime today after yesterday's lunch session so even though I only had about 4 hours broken sleep last night I decided to stick with the "spend time in the zone of pain" plan - I am not sure of my sanity anymore - down early as very very tired sat at my desk and went through the warm up - the start of which was a haze to be honest but then set the session and got myself set - figured I'd target my age group PB of 1:30.5 total 9:03.3 set 16th September (2014 - again I question my sanity on this) and rate 30 it (see "sanity") to be fair the first rep was pretty OK (1:30.4) but knew that it tended to be the second rep which bit - and it did - still managed to get r30 and 1:30.2 split so all going well - third rep and before I started I knew that the legs were in trouble as i had a little walk in the gym (which is good in a way as it's normally the breathing - which means the training adaptions would hit the legs today) so planned on increasing the rate to 32 and basically held on for survival lol - reminding myself towards the end that the pain my legs where in was nothing in comparison to what I felt pre back operation. OK last rep - this is where the majority of the benefit comes - get it done no matter what! So what happens - the bloody monitor froze on 3 seconds remaining in the rest - I sat and starred - it didn't move - I starred for another second - still on 3 - feck it I better haul anchor as no doubt it will just flip to 0 - no it didn't - so as I was returning on my stroke it counted to zero which put my average down from the start - brilliant! Sod it stick to 1:32 and grind it out - this is training and not a race/TT so it's the benefit I need not the time - managed to hold on - legs in bits at the end - all good training lol












No comments:

Post a Comment